Spam-Alot - Wholly Non-Entertaining Announcement
Ok. I've had it with all these anonymous spammers. Please can we do something about it? We can
1) Make it compulsory for anyone who comments to "choose an identity" - which makes sense because logically the only people who'll comment are people we already know - but then this might make it a bit of a hassle for some, which'll kinda defeat the purpose of setting this blog.
2) Turn on word verification so that each time someone comment, we play Simon Says and type in whatever squiggly words we see on the screen. So that bots can't leave their irritating messages. It's a pain in the arse too, but I'm thinking some people might be lazy to sign up but still read so for now this could be the less painful of the two.
If no one disagrees I shall put it in place - ok, now. If someone does shout here. Ok I feel all anal-y already. Daniel Martin should be the one doing this!
- Jules (the female one, not the secretive one)
P/s I changed the timezone to one that reflects where we live. Sorry I just can't help it!

5 Comments:
oh good....i like this word verification thingy... meanwhile, can we delete the spam? they're rather annoying...
Okay deleted!
Yay.... I'm a happy girl now that everything's in place. Now if only I can get my room clean and tidy for more than a day...
I've read the blog and it seems to be very interactive. Many people have wondered, what is the best solution to eliminate spamming bots. Now you can, wonder too. Please go to www.spammingisnothealthy.com to find out more. People like Mark, Wibby and Dokim have all endorsed it.
Sincerely,
bcfmh
Someone wants to give me grief. Own up! Widgin. (This means you too, Fatt Lee.)
i have JUST joined the blog and am reading through for the first time. First off...i have no idea what spammers on a blog are. You mean there are people so bored that they are randomly reading our blog and spamming? Or whatever lah...
Secondly i dunno what word verifi is - but aiyah who cares since its already in place.
Thirdly - with al the nicks people are using - I dunno who is who - is there like a namelist of members around?
Fourthly - (is that a word) - I resent insinuations that i'm anal! But yah lah - you're probably right hahahahaha
Ohhhhhh!!! I just scrolled down and found out what word veri is! heh
Post a Comment
<< Home